Process on Becoming a Substitute in the Barnegat Township School District
- Please use this Google Form to apply for substitute positions.
- Please complete the form. All the information will be sent to and viewed by Mrs. Bach, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent.
- You will be contacted by one of our schools to schedule an interview.
- After conducting your interview, if you have been recommended for employment, you will be handed a substitute packet. Return a completed packet to Mrs. Bach located in the Board Office (550 Barnegat Boulevard) between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday. Please note that packets will not be accepted a week before Board meetings.
- If applying for a teacher or nurse position, an additional step after submitting your paperwork may include obtaining a Substitute Credential Certificate if you do not already have one.
- Every applicant must be Board approved.
- After you have been Board approved, you will be contacted by the same school that interviewed you to "shadow" for a day in the position(s) you have applied for.
- After you have completed shadowing, you will receive an email from Absence Management System (f/k/a AESOP) on how to accept assignments. This will usually occur within 48-72 hours.