Degrees and Certifications:
BS - Biological Oceanography - Rutgers University Med - Secondary Education - Jones International University
6th Grade Science . Room 504 . School Year 2020-2021
Remind: Please join my Remind page for announcements and reminders! @fe3fa: Click here to Join my remind!
Google Classroom Codes:
Per 1: w3z56sy Per 3: hra4v4a Per 4: guep3y3
Per 5: oy5shxy Per 6: vq6xqnw Per 7: dlzpe7z
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred contact method)
Class Updates & Announcements: (most recent will be on the top)
- Mon 11.23 - Constellation Creation Mini projects due (started in class) - minor assessment
- Tues/Weds (11.24/11.25) - "Quiz" - Materials to study - note sheets on: Sun, Stars & Constellations, & Galaxies (From last week & Monday 11.23). Please email me if you're missing any of the notes & I can send them to you to study!
- Monday 11.16 - Marking period 2 - Important Announcements!!!
- Hybrid students will return to 5 days a week - Schedules will be provided for them Monday morning & will be updated on this website soon.
- Virtual Only students will receive information and a schedule this weekend for live streams. These will be daily during regular class periods.
- Marking period 1 ends 11/13. I have until Tuesday to finalize grades. Therefore - no late work will be accepted after Monday (unless we have been in contact about special cirucmstances). Please keep an eye on your email for reminders about missing assignments...etc. You can also check Parent portal to see what work is missing. Please keep in touch with questions.
- Friday 10.23 - Google Meet Schedule posted under "virtual schedules" and in Google Classroom (top of this week)
- Tues (10.20) & Thurs (10.22) - No normally scheduled Live Streams - instead there will be a google meet for all virtual only students Tuesday & Thursday at 1:30. Link provided in assignment & an invite was sent to students' emails directly.
- For week of 10.19 - 10.23 - Hybrid students- Bring rulers & wear something neon/white! Virtual students- email sent to parents about materials for next weeks lab. Please email me if you need materials OR would prefer to watch a video of the lab instead.
- Virtual Friday 10.16 - see delayed opening meeting schedule under "virtual schedules" and posted in GC
- Moon Webquest Parts 1 & 2 - assigned this week will count as a Major webquest (50 pts each) (10/12 - 10/15)
- Friday - 10.9 - No Live Meetings today EXCEPT Optional open office hours from 1:20-1:40. Please see Google Classroom for today's video and assignment information, as well as google meet link for office hours. Please email me with any questions.
- Earth & Seasons Test Weds (10.7) for Group 1 Students, and Thurs (10.8) for group 2 & virtual only students. Please email me if you are absent so I can plan your make up! Study guide & other study information posted in GC
- Virtual Friday Schedule is posted under "Virtual Schedules" for 10.2. It will be broken down by period. If you would like to schedule a one-on-one meeting for extra help please email me for a time slot.
Friday 9.18 Announcement:
- Thank you to all who popped in during the Back to school night! It was nice to "meet" you and get to chat a bit! If you missed it - no worries - the video I recorded with information is still posted and you're welcome to email me at any time with any additional questions you may have.
Additional information based on some common parent questions:
1. The collection of 3 workbooks can STAY HOME! Students can write in and keep them. They will only be using them for at home assignments, and as an optional additional resource as needed.
2. For more information about Friday virtual meets - please see the "Schedules" section. I posted a thorough description of how I plan to run them and what to expect so parents can better help their children plan for the day. I will also be posting future schedules in that location (not under important files - I think it makes more sense!).
Thanks again & have a great weekend!
- Friday (9.18) Virtual Meet Schedule posted under "Important Files"
- Science Intro quiz 9/17 - in person for group 2, online for group 1 & virtual only students.
- Schedule posted for Friday (9/11) Virtual Day for ALL Students. Check "Important Files" section for information.
- Check "Useful Links" section here for video instructions covering common questions/issues for Google Classroom. If there is something specific you need help with related to GC, please email so I can do my best to assist!
- Live Stream for Vitual Only students Thursday 9/10! Please see Schedule under "Important Files" (Note: students can access this at the top of the "Classwork" section in Google Classroom WITH direct links to the meetings. They only need to attend the meeting during their normal class period. IF they miss it, the CAN join a later stream.
9/1 Announcement: Hello all! Please be sure to check into your google classrooms! Here's the breakdown for the first 2 days this week.
Group 1: (M/W) - (Weds) - In-Person introduction & activities (Thurs) - Virtual "All about me" Virtual Locker design activity
Group 2: (T/Th) - (Weds) - Virtual "All about me" locker design activity (Thurs) - In-Person introduction & activities
Virtual: (Weds) - Class syllabus, virtual rules, & Google form questions (Thurs) - Virtual "All about me" locker design activity
Welcome to 6th Grade Science (the best subject...I know!)!!!
I look forward to getting to know and work with you all this year! It will be a different start of the year for all of us, so I encourage and would love to maintain open communication with both students and parents. Please do not hesitate to reach out with ANY questions or concerns at any time. Email is the best way to contact me and I do respond very quickly!
This is where I will post announcements such as homework, quiz/test information, project information...etc. Please check my Google Classroom Page as well! As I mentioned before, if you're ever unsure about what is due or what's going on in class - just ask! Can't wait to meet you all!
~ Mrs. Iannuzzelli (Mrs. I)