Dear Barnegat Families,
It is with great pleasure and excitement that I write this letter to you as the incoming principal of grades 3 and 4 at the Joseph T. Donahue Elementary School! I have missed the students tremendously and cannot wait to see them in September. I am honored to have the opportunity to serve you and your children; I cannot wait to share with you the great things we will be doing at JTDS.
To introduce myself, I have worked in Barnegat as an administrator for the past 15 years of my 26 years in education. I began my teaching career at the elementary level and later taught middle school. Most recently I was the Lillian M. Dunfee Elementary School Principal for two years and previously at ROBMS (Principal 7yrs/VP 6yrs). I enjoy getting to know the children, their personalities, learning styles, and interests. We will celebrate their successes, small and large, and encourage them every day and let them know they are valued and have a special place in our school community.
As the Superintendent shared, we have recently received guidance from the Governor regarding the reopening of schools this fall; therefore, the administration will be finalizing the plans to prepare for September. Additionally, the staff and I will be discussing unique programs and ideas to support our students both academically and socially emotionally. Later this summer you can expect to receive some surveys for your input/feedback; however, my door is always open so feel free to email me anytime. As the old African Proverb says, “It takes a village to raise a child,” I look forward to working with you as well to deliver the best possible educational experience for your children.
Additionally, please note the following:
- Regular day school hours will begin at: 8:30 AM (Homeroom Bell)
- Students should not arrive at school before 8:20 AM*, since teachers are not on duty until that time.
- The end times for each building will be released in the coming weeks as they are awaiting BOE approval and represent a slightly abbreviated day to comply with the restrictions from the State of NJ and NJDOE in the ROADBACK guidance document. Details are expected to be released on July 29th.
- JTDS Back To School Night, Wednesday, September 16th at 6:30PM.
- Depending on the modified schedule put into place and social distance guidelines, BTSN may be virtual.
- Be sure to check the district website (www.barnegatschools.com) for important information about the reopening of our schools.
Enjoy the remaining days of summer!
Joseph T. Donahue Elementary School, Principal
609-660-8900 extension 8001